In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Governor Cuomo has issued Executive Order No. 202.7 authorizing notary services via audio-visual technology. Even during these trying times, business must continue. Here are the steps for valid e-notarization (courtesy of NYS Academy of Trial Lawyers):
- Set up a video conference allowing for direct, live interaction between the signatory and the notary.
- The signatory must present a valid photo ID.
- The signatory must affirmatively state that he or she is present in the State of New York.
- The signature must then sign, and on the same date, email or fax the document to the Notary.
- The Notary may then notarize the emailed or faxed copy and send it back to the signatory.
If a fully executed original is needed, the original and e-notarized documents must be sent to the Notary within 30 days. The Notary may then notarize the original using the e-notarization date.
Contact us with any questions.