COVID-19 has caused prolonged economic disruption and created an uncertain future for business owners. The stakes couldn’t be higher as businesses fight for survival. But with courts closed or limited, and time running out for business owners struggling to stay afloat, there’s simply no time for protracted disputes. Developing your negotiation skills is the best investment you can make to move your business forward.
Fortunately, good negotiators aren’t born – they’re made. Whether you’re facing negotiations with your landlord, bank, vendors, business partners, or all of the above, leaders must master the art of negotiation to succeed. Join us for a unique opportunity to learn proven negotiation skills from Joe Campolo, a recognized negotiation expert and member of the prestigious Long Island Business Hall of Fame.
Over three sessions (choice of virtual sessions or in-person in a socially distanced setting with limited capacity), attendees will engage in a deep dive into:
- Session 1: The Building Blocks of Negotiation
- Managing tension in high-stress negotiations
- Active listening
- Combating hard-bargaining tactics
- Balancing empathy and assertiveness
- Session 2: The Psychological and Emotional Side of Negotiation
- The critical role of empathy, how to distinguish it from sympathy, and how to put it to work
- Identifying the forces that hold you back in high-stress situations and strategies to overcome them
- Using psychological principles to diffuse the tension in difficult negotiations, engage with your adversary, and uncover more win-win possibilities
- Session 3: Negotiation Boot Camp – putting the lessons into practice, including Q&A
This program is designed for business owners and leaders in any industry, including lawyers. Maximize your ability to deliver for yourself, your business, or your client when it matters most.
Dates: September 17, October 1, and October 15
Time: 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Pricing: $350 per person covers 3 sessions (virtual or in-person). Group size will not exceed 10.
To register, please contact Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org or (631) 738-9100.