Recognized by Newsday as a Top Workplace, Campolo, Middleton & McCormick, LLP – a premier law firm with offices across Long Island – is seeking a highly motivated, full-time Senior Litigation Paralegal based in our Ronkonkoma office. This is an excellent opportunity for a dependable, highly organized candidate to assist with commercial litigation and appeals in Federal and State Court at a prominent law firm recognized by Forbes as a Top Corporate Law Firm in America.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist attorneys with procedural requirements during all stages of litigation
- Preparation of legal documents including drafting of pleadings, motions, discovery demands and responses, stipulations, settlement documents, notice of appeal, etc.
- Service and filing of legal documents, including e-filing
- Maintain attorney calendar with key dates, deadlines and court appearances
- Communicating with clients, court personnel, and adversaries
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience as a commercial litigation paralegal
- Ability to prioritize, take initiative, and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with billing time
- Strong knowledge of litigation procedure and CPLR
- Must be dependable, highly organized, able to handle and maintain a large case load, and work independently within a team environment
- eDiscovery experience, a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Office Suite, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Pro
- ProLaw, a plus
- ShareFile, a plus
- Thomson Reuters eDiscovery Point, a plus
Campolo, Middleton & McCormick, LLP is a premier business law firm recognized by Forbes as a Top Corporate Law Firm in America. The firm seeks candidates who share our mission to exceed our clients’ expectations and provide service of the highest quality.
Benefits of working at CMM include:
- The opportunity to work with experienced practitioners and sophisticated clients in a variety of practice areas at a recognized law firm with a stellar reputation
- Access to the latest practice management technology
- Generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, and flexible paid time off
If you are interested in a position at CMM, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are unable to respond to applications that do not include a cover letter.