Campolo, Middleton & McCormick, LLP, a premier law firm with offices in Westbury, Ronkonkoma, and Bridgehampton, is seeking an experienced, highly motivated, full-time paralegal to handle personal injury and insurance defense cases.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage a litigation caseload and develop cases from intake to final resolution
- Draft pleadings, including summons and complaints, answers, and bills of particulars, as well as discovery demands and responses, and handle e-discovery as required
- Communicate with clients regarding treatment status and case status
- Handle trial preparation, including preparation of subpoenas, expert witness disclosures, and exhibits
- Request, receive, and digest medical records, medical billing records, and employment records
- 5-7 years personal injury and/or insurance defense experience
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize multiple cases and tasks
- Impeccable attention to detail, highly organized, and able to keep track of and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with ProLaw or eDiscovery Point, a plus
Campolo, Middleton & McCormick, LLP is a premier business law firm representing clients ranging from Fortune 100 companies to small-and medium-sized businesses. The firm has been named a 2019 Top Long Island Workplace by Newsday and seeks candidates who share our mission to exceed our clients’ expectations and provide service of the highest quality. Successful candidates demonstrate the firm’s values of integrity, honesty, loyalty, dependability, and responsibility.
Benefits of working at CMM include:
- The opportunity to work with experienced practitioners and sophisticated clients in a variety of practice areas at a growing law firm with a stellar reputation (repeatedly voted the Best Law Firm on Long Island by the business community)
- Frequent training on a variety of subjects including legal topics, business development, and client service
- Personalized and financial support for business development, networking, and leadership activities
- Marketing and communications support to participate in panels, publish articles, and gain visibility
- Access to the latest practice management technology
- Opportunities to participate in nonprofit and charitable causes and provide pro bono representation
- Generous benefits package including health and dental insurance, life insurance, and flexible paid time off
Please contact email@example.com.