Recognized by Newsday as a Top Workplace, Campolo, Middleton & McCormick, LLP – a premier law firm with offices across Long Island – is seeking a highly motivated Legal Assistant based in our Ronkonkoma office.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an ambitious candidate to gain hands-on experience and make an impact at a fast-paced firm recognized by Forbes as a Top Corporate Law Firm in America. If you are passionate about the law and business and want to grow with a firm that values paralegals as a critical part of our legal team, we encourage you to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with and assist paralegals by making corrections to documents, proofreading/formatting, collating, and organizing documents/files
- Preparation of court and client documents including exhibits, bookmarking, OCRing, and Bates stamping
- Introductory assignments for our Corporate team, including formatting and redlining in Word
- Document management including scanning, printing, binding, and copying
- Providing daily backup for busy Reception desk (answering phones, routing calls, and greeting clients)
- Setting up for client meetings
- Project management
- Other administrative tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong communication skills: comfortable answering phones and greeting clients
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Pro
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong proofreading skills are a must.
- Takes initiative
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to multi-task
- Customer service experience a plus
Campolo, Middleton & McCormick, LLP is a premier business law firm recognized by Forbes as a Top Corporate Law Firm in America. The firm seeks candidates who share our mission to exceed our clients’ expectations and provide service of the highest quality.
Benefits of working at CMM include:
- The opportunity to work with professionals on diverse projects at a recognized law firm with a stellar reputation
- Benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, and flexible paid time off
- Training on substantive legal topics as well as professional development topics
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
CMM is an equal opportunity employer.