Looking to break into corporate and transactional law? Campolo, Middleton & McCormick, LLP – recognized by Forbes as a Top Corporate Law Firm in America – is offering a unique opportunity for an attorney with 1-2 years of legal experience in other areas of the law to join us as a Corporate Associate in our Westbury (Nassau County) office.
We’re looking for candidates who for one reason or another, started their careers as litigators or in other practice areas and are looking to pivot to a corporate transactional role, bringing their unique perspective and experience with them. Our renowned team will provide you with the training and tools to succeed as a corporate lawyer.
CMM is a premier law firm with offices in Westbury, Ronkonkoma, and Riverhead that has also been recognized by Newsday as a Top Long Island workplace. We look for future partners, not short-term associates. Continue your upward career trajectory at CMM.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review and interpret contract terms and be able to clearly and concisely communicate the meaning and implications of, as well as advise on, those terms
- Draft a variety of business contracts including asset and stock purchase agreements, license agreements, partnership agreements, supply agreements, employment-related agreements, joint venture agreements
- Negotiate contracts with opposing counsel
- Regularly engage with in-house counsel
- Regularly engage and communicate with clients by phone and email
- Advise clients on legal changes impacting their business
- Assist in all aspects of M&A transactions including drafting disclosure schedules and primary and ancillary agreements
- Assist other attorneys with contract review and other projects as needed
- Provide other legal advice and participate in special projects and initiatives as needed
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York with 1-2 years of legal experience (need not be in corporate law)
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle and prioritize multiple matters
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated excellence in research, writing, and legal analysis
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Campolo, Middleton & McCormick, LLP is a premier business law firm recognized by Forbes as a Top Corporate Law Firm in America. The firm seeks candidates who share our mission to exceed our clients’ expectations and provide service of the highest quality.
Benefits of a career at CMM include:
- Extraordinary growth opportunity
- The opportunity to work with experienced practitioners and sophisticated clients in a variety of practice areas at a recognized law firm with a stellar reputation
- Frequent training on a variety of subjects including legal topics, business development, and client service
- Personalized and financial support for business development, networking, and leadership activities
- Marketing and communications support to participate in panels, publish articles, and gain visibility
- Access to the latest practice management technology
- Opportunities to participate in nonprofit and charitable causes and provide pro bono representation
- Generous benefits package including health and dental insurance, life insurance, and flexible paid time off
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CMM is an equal opportunity employer.