Recognized by Newsday as a Top Workplace, Campolo, Middleton & McCormick, LLP – a premier law firm with offices across Long Island – is seeking a highly motivated Litigation Paralegal with at least 3-4 years of commercial litigation experience, based in our Ronkonkoma office.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an ambitious candidate to make an impact at a fast-paced firm recognized by Forbes as a Top Corporate Law Firm in America. If you are passionate about the law and business and want to grow with a firm that values paralegals as a critical part of our legal team, we encourage you to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist attorneys with all types of litigation including the preparation, service, and filing of court documents, with a focus on commercial litigation
- Assist attorneys with procedural requirements during all stages of litigation
- Preparation of legal documents including drafting of pleadings, motions, discovery demands and responses, stipulations, settlement documents, notice of appeal, etc.
- Conduct legal research
- Clearly and concisely draft letters and emails
- Service and filing of legal documents, including e-filing
- Maintain attorney calendars with key dates, deadlines, and court appearances
- Communicate with clients, court personnel, and adversaries
- Manage special projects as needed
- Preparing documents and exhibits, including bookmarking, OCRing, and Bates stamping
- Appropriately track and bill time
- Bachelor’s degree required; paralegal certificate a plus
- At least 3-4 years of commercial litigation paralegal experience in a law firm or in-house position preferred
- Experience with personal injury litigation a plus
- Experience with billing software and e-filing preferred
- Capable of managing and prioritizing a large caseload and calendar
- Proficient with workplace software, including Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Adobe Pro
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Efficient, detail-oriented and highly organized
- Self-starter and able to work independently as well as part of a team
Campolo, Middleton & McCormick, LLP is a premier business law firm recognized by Forbes as a Top Corporate Law Firm in America. The firm seeks candidates who share our mission to exceed our clients’ expectations and provide service of the highest quality.
Benefits of a career at CMM include:
- The opportunity to work with professionals on diverse projects at a recognized law firm with a stellar reputation
- Training on substantive legal topics as well as professional development topics
- Benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, and flexible paid time off
CMM is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.